But I digress...this post is about my current product lineup so let's jump in! Allow me to preface my list with the idea that the products I use always vary depending on the current condition of my hair. I get quite a few recommendations from my fabulous stylist and they are always spot on. Here is a breakdown of the hair products I'm currently using.
SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER:
1. Redken Smooth Down shampoo
2. Redken Smooth Down conditioner
3. Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe - this is my deep conditioning treatment that I use either 1x/week or 1x/every other week in place of my Redken conditioner, depending on how dry my hair feels.
BEFORE HEAT STYLING:
4. Pravana Density Extreme Volumizing Foam - I use this after I wash my hair and after I've towel dried it for 10-15 minutes.
5. Rusk Deep Shine Oil - I use this after I apply the volumizing foam while my hair is still damp and before I blow dry and style it. It helps protect it from some of the damage that comes from heat styling your hair. I also use this product after I flat iron my hair before I apply hair spray and finishing spray.
AFTER HEAT STYLING:
6. Paul Mitchell Super Clean Light Finishing Spray - It's always nice to add a bit of hair spray after heat styling just to keep things in place. This is a pretty light hair spray but I like it because I can still run my fingers or a brush through my hair after using it. I've been using Paul Mitchell hair spray for years.
7. KMS Hair Play Dry Touch-Up - My stylist uses this on my hair as a final finishing step after styling and I finally caved and bought it. I use this spray as a last step after I've styled my hair but I also love to use it when I wear my hair in a bun. It adds just the right amount of shine, especially if you've used a heavier hair spray to keep things in place.
8. Suave Dry Shampoo - This product is my BFF in between washes or when I want to add extra volume, it's incredibly inexpensive and it smells good. I'm pretty picky when it comes to how my hair products smell and after trying a few different dry shampoos, I decided this one is my absolute favorite. AND they sell it at Target. Added bonus.
9. Paul Mitchell Flexible Style Sculpting Foam - I used to think this was a regular mousse and I used it for years thinking it was helping to volumize my hair. Then I realized it was actually a conditioning foam and it's pretty much the only product that helps my hair when it's filled with static or feels really dry. I use it as needed and as per my usual requirement, it smells absolutely amazing.
*I always use pomade every once in a while to tame flyways, but I don't have any brand recommendations for that. Pretty much any pomade will do, just be careful how much you apply. A little goes a long way!